Friday, May 6, 2011

Miscellaneous Friday!

Fridays are going to be my random day, when I post things that don't necessarily deal with writing. After all, authors do have something fun going on in their lives that doesn't deal with writing. Sometimes.

I took a day off this past Monday to take a break from the hectic pace of work and just have a day to do necessary yet often neglected tasks at my apartment like cleaning, doing laundry and buying food. ("No, I'm not making dinner tonight, dear. I'm too busy working on my novel. There's some slices of cheese in the fridge. Help yourself.")

Anyway, I went out to do some early morning shopping and had to pick this up.



There's basil, catnip and mint. Kind of a weird combination, but I'm still excited. I've never really tried growing things before. I mean, when I was a kid, I watched my mom grow amazing flowers like it was the easiest thing in the world, but aside from a a bamboo I recently killed on accident (hey, I'd had the thing for like a year and a half), I've never really tried growing anything.

So, I'm looking forward to seeing if I can grow these. So far they've been in the dirt for five days and I don't see as much as a hint of a sprout. I think my seeds may be defective.

Or maybe I'm just too impatient.
Or the world's worst gardener.
Or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs