Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Getting There!

So sorry for my long absence. I am a bad, bad blogger.

I suppose I've just been so concentrated on finishing my novel that I've let other things fall by the wayside. Like laundry vacuuming thinking of blog posts.

I'll try to do better!

Good news is I just finished editing my Chapter 5 and am moving on to Chapter 6 starting tonight. This may not seem like a very big deal to some. But I started this novel last November and have a full draft and have finished all major edits on five chapters (I'm sure there will be minor things I'll need to go back and tweak once I get all the way through). In contrast, my first attempt at a novel I spent something like seven years just rewriting the first three chapters. So I feel I'm doing splendidly.

Though I still wish I could finish it faster, of course.

Anywho, I'm excited to dive into Chapter 6 tonight and hope to finish it in the next week and a half (I'm going to have to completely rip this chapter apart and redo most of it from scratch thanks to a much more interesting plot point I added to the previous chapter). I'm determined to have this thing done aside from minor edits by the end of October.

Watch out, publication. I'm coming for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs