Saturday, May 26, 2012

Novel progress

Where I am in the writing process: I think I'm closing in on having the novel as polished as I can without outside professional help. I'm trying to finish up so I can start submitting to literary agents, hopefully finding one who sees potential in my work and is willing to work with me to make my novel better before submitting it to publishing companies.

I'm attempting to work extremely hard and have everything done by the end of next week. It's an ambitious goal, but I'm getting up early and staying up late to try to accomplish it.

My current problem(s): Time, energy and brainpower. I seem to be running low on all three. Sometimes I wish I could just have a whole week to myself where I could lock myself in a room and write all day long. But knowing me, I'd probably resort to spending half of that time sleeping and the other half looking at cat pictures on the internet.

The good news: I'm determined to get this thing done. Hopefully in time to participate in this contest to win a free manuscript critique. We'll see.

What now? Pray for my sanity.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Don't forget to send me stuff to read. Also, loving all the pictures you're posting. The lion head up there reminds me of the one from Aladdin, lol. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just send you my new-ish chapter 1. ^_^
      I'm having fun playing with all my pics from the Parthenon. I'm going to be sad when I run out. lol. And you're totally right. It does kinda look like the Aladdin one -- I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it.

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs