Sunday, May 31, 2015

Writing experiment: Week 1

Well, my first week of trying out a new type of writing is over. How'd it go?

Not too bad. Nothing outstanding, but definitely more than I've done in a long while. My first day, I only got a little over 600, but the rest of the workweek I got more than 1,000 a day. Then the weekend hit and I only did 570 on Saturday and nothing on Sunday. It was pretty much impossible to motivate myself to do anything on the weekend.

I don't think I want to go all of this week without writing anything at all, but I definitely don't think I can get up at 5 a.m. every workday without getting burnt out. SO! This is what I'm going to try this week: getting up early every other day.

Then, at the end of the week, I'll do a tally and see if my word count is any higher than just trying to write every single day.

This is just going to be a big battle of finding out how to squeeze every last ounce of productivity out of myself. I'm going to try everything I can think of -- not only do I need to get this second novel out of my system, but I've also noticed that I feel better in the morning when I have an hour to myself to write before the rest of the day starts and I'm having all the outside stresses of work, home and family kick into high gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs