Friday, May 6, 2016

Book Announcement

Big news, everyone!

I know I've gone silent on the blog for a while, but it's all been for a very good reason. I've been working hard on final edits to my novel and learning everything I can about self-publishing and how to do it right.

So, today I'm excited to announce that the official release date for my first book, "Andromeda," will be July 12. Here's a little blurb to let you know what it's about:

For those who may be reading on mobile devices or who otherwise may not be able to see the graphic, it says:

For as long as she can remember, seventeen-year-old Princess Andromeda has done what was expected of her. She consented to a political marriage to a hateful older man. She became a quiet, obedient housewife. After her husband’s death, she agreed to be united in yet another political marriage for the sake of her country’s stability.

However, when the Greek goddess of the sea disrupts this second wedding ceremony, jealous of the pomp of the celebration, she places a curse on Andromeda and her home: either sacrifice the princess to a sea beast or let the creature destroy her country. A visit to the Oracle reveals that Andromeda needs four ancient weapons of the Greek gods to fight off the beast and the goddess who controls it.

Now Andromeda must find the strength and the cunning to do what she has never done before — to fight for her own life — while keeping the well-meaning “hero” Perseus out of her way.

"Andromeda" is a retelling of the Greek myth of Perseus, from Princess Andromeda's point of view. The series will follow her and several other heroines who are often portrayed as secondary to their "heroes" in each of the myths. I hope you enjoy the ride!

A huge thank you to everyone who helped me get this far, and to The Book Vortx, which will be helping me spread the news about my book.

Keep an eye out for the reveal of the book cover, coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to get to see the finished version of this! Can't wait for July 12!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am very excited, can't wait to read this, Megan is so talented and I am sure this book will be fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs